- Personal asks are the most effective way!
- Email previous donors from last year
- Post on social media asking friends and family for a donation
- Collect and redeem cans/bottles and deposit the money into your DonorDrive
- Go canning! Stand outside of your local grocery store and collect money (Contact the Director of Canning to set up canning dates)
- Ask a friend to give their $3 coffee money to your DonorDrive
- Offer to shovel off a friend’s car for a donation
- Venmo charges – friends might be more likely to donate if Venmo is more convenient!
- Donate your old clothes for quick cash
- Dog sit or babysit in exchange for a donation
- Offer to post an embarrassing photo or video of you dancing for every donation you receive
- Donate your loose change to your DonorDrive
- Promise to give friends a ride to class/the grocery store/wherever in exchange for a donation to HuskyTHON
- Put the money you have saved on your Venmo accounts into your DonorDrive instead of just adding it back to your bank account
- Swipe your hungry friends into a dining hall in return for a donation to your DonorDrive
- Offer to give your friends a ride back from a night out for a donation to your DonorDrive
- Call sooner rather than later; places will get booked up ahead of time!
- Be super friendly with whoever you speak to on the phone
- They might ask for a Tax ID form, letterhead of flyer for the organization – just email and ask for it!
- Unsure how to call? Here’s a template of what to say.
- Feel free to reach out to with any questions!
General canning tips:
- Wear HuskyTHON apparel!!
- Bring a can and signs. Both of these can be signed out in the HuskyTHON office while supplies last.
- Don’t be shy! Ask every person who walks by if they’d like to make a donation and support Connecticut Children’s