Fundraising & Donations
Donation Rules for Individual Fundraising
- If you receive any physical money (cash, check, money order, etc.) please DO NOT deposit that money onto your own DonorDrive.
- To deposit an offline donation (cash, money order, or check), bring it to the HuskyTHON office (Student Union 216) during management team office hours.
- A canning or fundraising donation can be split to be deposited into a maximum of 8 separate DonorDrives. If a group larger than 8 people raised money at a fundraising event, it must be donated to the team’s general DonorDrive.
- All checks and money orders must be made out to HuskyTHON in order for them to be added to DonorDrive.
- Please allow Donation Management a 10-day window from when you drop your money off in the Student Union to when you see it on your individual DonorDrive page.
- If you are planning a fundraiser for yourself: Please fill out this Google form to register your fundraiser so we can help you make it a success!
Donation Rules for Team Fundraising
- A canning or fundraising donation can be split to be deposited into a maximum of eight separate DonorDrives. If a group larger than eight people raised money at a fundraising event, it must be donated to the team’s general DonorDrive.
- Please allow Donation Management a 10-day window from when you drop your fundraiser money off in the Student Union to when you see it on your team DonorDrive page.
- Canning Weekends: If you would like your canning money from a team-wide canning weekend to be allocated to individual team member DonorDrives, the money raised in each location at each time must be kept separated. When brought to the HuskyTHON office, the money should be separated as if it was from a normal canning date. The deposit bag should include a canning slip that recognizes that the money is from a team’s canning weekend and that also includes the usual canning information (the location, time, names of fundraisers, breakdown, etc.).
- Organizers of canning weekends: please reach out to Donation Management when planning your canning weekend so that we can work with you to make the money collection and deposit process as efficient as possible for all of us!
When having a team fundraiser: Please fill out this Google form to register your fundraiser so we can help you make it a success!
- Personal asks are the most effective way!
- Email previous donors from last year
- Post on social media asking friends and family for a donation
- Collect and redeem cans/bottles and deposit the money into your DonorDrive
- Go canning! Stand outside of your local grocery store and collect money (Contact the Director of Canning to set up canning dates)
- Ask a friend to give their $3 coffee money to your DonorDrive
- Offer to shovel off a friend’s car for a donation
- Venmo charges – friends might be more likely to donate if Venmo is more convenient!
- Donate your old clothes for quick cash
- Dog sit or babysit in exchange for a donation
- Offer to post an embarrassing photo or video of you dancing for every donation you receive
- Donate your loose change to your DonorDrive
- Promise to give friends a ride to class/the grocery store/wherever in exchange for a donation to HuskyTHON
- Put the money you have saved on your Venmo accounts into your DonorDrive instead of just adding it back to your bank account
- Swipe your hungry friends into a dining hall in return for a donation to your DonorDrive
- Offer to give your friends a ride back from a night out for a donation to your DonorDrive
- Call sooner rather than later; places will get booked up ahead of time!
- Be super friendly with whoever you speak to on the phone
- They might ask for a Tax ID form, letterhead of flyer for the organization – just email and ask for it!
- Unsure how to call? Here’s a template of what to say.
- Feel free to reach out to with any questions!
General canning tips:
- Wear HuskyTHON apparel!!
- Bring a can and signs. Both of these can be signed out in the HuskyTHON office while supplies last.
- Don’t be shy! Ask every person who walks by if they’d like to make a donation and support Connecticut Children’s