Donation Rules for Individual Fundraising
- If you receive any physical money (cash, check, money order, etc.) please DO NOT deposit that money onto your own Donor Drive.
- To deposit an offline donation (cash, money order, or check), bring it to the HuskyTHON office (Student Union 218C) during management team office hours.
- A canning or fundraising donation can be split to be deposited into a maximum of 8 separate Donor Drives. If a group larger than 8 people raised money at a fundraising event, it must be donated to the team’s general Donor Drive.
- All checks and money orders must be made out to HuskyTHON in order for them to be added to Donor drive.
- Please allow Donation Management a 10-day window from when you drop your money off in the Student Union to when you see it on your individual Donor Drive page.
- If you are planning a fundraiser for yourself: Please fill out this Google form to register your fundraiser so we can help you make it a success!
Donation Rules for Team Fundraising
- A canning or fundraising donation can be split to be deposited into a maximum of eight separate Donor Drives. If a group larger than eight people raised money at a fundraising event, it must be donated to the team’s general Donor Drive.
- Please allow Donation Management a 10-day window from when you drop your fundraiser money off in the Student Union to when you see it on your team Donor Drive page.
- Canning Weekends: If you would like your canning money from a team-wide canning weekend to be allocated to individual team member Donor Drives, the money raised in each location at each time must be kept separated. When brought to the HuskyTHON office, the money should be separated as if it was from a normal canning date. The deposit bag should include a canning slip that recognizes that the money is from a team’s canning weekend and that also includes the usual canning information (the location, time, names of fundraisers, breakdown, etc.).
- Organizers of canning weekends: please reach out to Donation Management when planning your canning weekend so that we can work with you to make the money collection and deposit process as efficient as possible for all of us!
When having a team fundraiser: Please fill out this Google form to register your fundraiser so we can help you make it a success!
Wanna set up your own canning date? Here are some helpful tips:
- Call sooner rather than later; places will get booked up ahead of time!
- Be super friendly with whoever you speak to on the phone
- They might ask for a Tax ID form, letterhead of flyer for the organization – just email and ask for it!
- Unsure how to call? Here’s a template of what to say.
- Feel free to reach out to with any questions!
General canning tips:
- Wear HuskyTHON apparel!!
- Bring a can and signs. Both of these can be signed out in the HuskyTHON office while supplies last.
- Don’t be shy! Ask every person who walks by if they’d like to make a donation and support Connecticut Children’s